On November 10th, 2017, ATI hosted the first USA Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) conference at our headquarters in Pleasanton, CA.
Formed in 1925 as the Incorporated Association of Architects and Surveyors, CABE is a leading body for professionals specializing in the design, construction, evaluation and maintenance of buildings.
According to their website, its members practice across the United Kingdom, mainland Europe and around the World, and work in both the private and public sectors. The CABE provides the prime qualification of Building Engineer, a title that reflects the professional expertise of members.
The all-day conference focused on Healthcare Design and provided an opportunity for individuals from all over to hear industry experts break down a variety of related topics.
The Keynote Speaker of the day was Dr. Jennifer Wagner, PhD, CIC. Dr. Wagner has nearly 20 years of experience in environmental and clinical microbiology. She holds a B.S. in Genetics and a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry from the University of California. Dr. Wagner is board certified in infection prevention and control. Since 2011 she has focused her efforts and expertise on reducing risk and managing liability for the healthcare industry in the area of Infection Prevention. She also frequently publishes in top journals, including the American Journal of Infection Control and the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Journal.
Other conference presenter’s included:
- David Taylor, President, Chartered Association Building Engineers
- Gavin Dunn, C.Build.E, FCABE, Vice President, CABE UK
- Charley Clay, P.E.EMBA, MCHA, BSME, C.Build.E, FCABE, CHFM – Regional Director of Facilities, Sutter Health System, San Francisco Chapter Secretary, CABE
- Kamal Anand Rajan, BSIE, Senior VP, Head of Business Development
- Kurt Wessels, BSEE, MBA, LEED AP – Sales Applications Engineer, Trane, Product Manager, Genesis Photo Catalytic Oxidation
- James P. Waltz, PE, C.E.M., FACFE, FCABE, San Francisco Chapter President, CABE
ATI thanks CABE for allowing us to host your event. We look forward to helping you grow your international network.